- 13 contiguous concessions totalling 130km2.
- Multi-phase porphyry system, includes two styles of mineralization:
- porphyry copper-gold associated with hornblende porphyry, and calcite healed breccia zones.
- epithermal gold bearing quartz magnetite vein system.
- Large gold/copper anomalies >50km2
Copper Duke is an early stage exploration project located approximately 18km east of the Company’s wholly owned Dynasty gold project and 40km south of the Portovelo mill and processing plant.
Copper Duke Project is comprised of thirteen concessions totalling 130km2 located in the Loja Province in southern Ecuador. The project is host to multiple porphyry intrusions associated with extensive copper-gold anomalism and quartz hosted gold veining outcropping at surface. The extensive surface geochemistry in historic soil, rock chip and channel sampling extends through over 300m of vertical relief and includes the extensive 4km by 6km El Huato anomaly.
Previous exploration ceased in 2007 with significant un-drilled potential at Copper Duke. While the main focus of the Copper Duke project is the identified potential major gold rich and “outcropping” copper porphyry complex El Huato, an additional four copper porphyry copper systems (Loma Redonda, Rio Catamayo, Landalima and Barbasco) and two gold targets have been identified.